Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Share | 

how do u hitstick correctly and how to time it perfectly.sgibs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
frank22

PostSubject: how do u hitstick correctly and how to time it perfectly.sgibs   Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:55 pm

help please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZFarls
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how do u hitstick correctly and how to time it perfectly.sgibs   Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:52 pm

Gibs? How is he gonna help you?

I got JOKES. Its a combo of feel and knowing when to lay the RS down. Also if you play with hit power I think the screen "jumps and rocks" a little more making you feel better about the hit.

"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so"

www.maddenbible.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.maddenbible.com
J Blanco in LBK

PostSubject: Re: how do u hitstick correctly and how to time it perfectly.sgibs   Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:38 pm

Don't do it if you don't have help behind you. If it's a one-on-one tackle in the open field you don't wanna whiff and get burned. It really just comes with playing the game. To practice you can play rush attack mini game and just go for the hit stick every time on defense to work on your timing. I would say that I usually just take a good angle at the runner, hold right trigger to turbo, and just lay the wood. You gotta press it about one step before he gets there and he kinda loads up his shoulder and lunges. Sometimes it works better just to wrap up the tackle and hit LB to go for the strip. I hate it when you knock someones head off and they don't fumble, then you tackle by the ankle and it fumbles. Don't do it with CB's, only with LB's and Safeties with hit power. Like farls says, if its a good hit the screen will shake. That's all I got on the subject
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaintsG0Marchin'In

PostSubject: Re: how do u hitstick correctly and how to time it perfectly.sgibs   Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Are you guys hit sticking up or down? As a rule I always go down to take out their legs but I've been experimenting with the upper body hit stick lately.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cochlea

PostSubject: Re: how do u hitstick correctly and how to time it perfectly.sgibs   Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:00 pm

I find the upper body one works best on smaller ball carriers, while going low is your best shot at taking down a power back. Power backs love the upper body hit sticks, since it makes for nice highlight reels for them as they shrug it off LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wangtangkiki

PostSubject: Re: how do u hitstick correctly and how to time it perfectly.sgibs   Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Upper body hit sticks are less likely to get avoided. Lower body hits are gonna get jumped over.

If you use the high hit stick, it feels like you will cause more fumbles. I'm just not used to it because it feels weird trucking a RB..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZFarls
Admin

PostSubject: Re: how do u hitstick correctly and how to time it perfectly.sgibs   Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:38 pm

For me the up hit stick in un natural, so I always go low, which is not as great this year.

"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so"

www.maddenbible.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.maddenbible.com
iswaggnificent

PostSubject: Re: how do u hitstick correctly and how to time it perfectly.sgibs   Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:16 am

going low for big guys and going high for small guys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JakeH23

PostSubject: Re: how do u hitstick correctly and how to time it perfectly.sgibs   Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:33 am

ZFarls wrote:
For me the up hit stick in un natural, so I always go low, which is not as great this year.

Same Farls, this sounds like a good mythbuster question. It seems like high would be better just because that's where the ball is, but 99% of the time I push down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/jakeh23
Frunkis

PostSubject: Re: how do u hitstick correctly and how to time it perfectly.sgibs   Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:23 pm

iswaggnificent wrote:
going low for big guys and going high for small guys

What he said. Especially if you have a corner up against a hb, go low. LB against WR, go high.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: how do u hitstick correctly and how to time it perfectly.sgibs   Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:25 pm

if there is one thing that i can't stand....that is....trying to take out AP's legs with a low hit only for him to jump over you and take it to the house. embarrasing! smh! lol!

~Mili

"THE BLACK & PURPLE MAFIA"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9r-9kgSbiM&feature=related
"Ravens Ridaz Anthem"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGKlDExSJww&feature=watch_response

xbl gt: Militant X 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do u hitstick correctly and how to time it perfectly.sgibs   

Back to top Go down

how do u hitstick correctly and how to time it perfectly.sgibs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1