Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide
 
PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!
Sign up today and receive a FREE breakdown of Sgibs famous GOALINE DEFENSE!

Share | 
 

 First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
bakagaijin

avatar

Posts : 449
Join date : 2009-06-22
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible   Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:03 am

OK all, here is my God's honest assessment so far of the Detroit play book scheme put out by SGibs7 and Zfarls. First of all, I am old and too cranky and too cynical to ever say something I didn't believe so trust me, if I didn't think it was good, I would either say so or I would just not say anything at all.

I bought the ebook yesterday and practiced with it that evening and although I have only really worked on 2 of the 4 sets in the ebook, it is worth every freaking penny of the $25 I spent on it. Guys, it is very very good. Here is why I like it so far:

- it's original. I spend time on other madden sites occasionally and I have bought other ebooks and schemes for Madden 09 and 10 and this stuff is unlike anything else I have seen. One of the the formations featured is a Detroit PB exclusive so already its going to give people something to think about as soon as you come out in it because they just won't see it that often

- it's creative. I can't even imagine the time it took for these guys to figure out some of the stuff in there. When I saw the preview and saw that the Empty set was going to be featured I spent a ton of time looking at and practicing different variations on those plays to see if I thought they had potential. I have to be honest, I didn't see much there. I felt the under center spread structure would be too vulnerable to blitzes etc and I pretty much gave up on it. Once I saw the full playbook and gave Empty another chance, I was kicking *** with it. Now, I'm not a great player but I was spanking people last night. There were a couple of games where I literally never called a single play from any other formation. I could almost hear my opponent scratching their head trying to figure out what was going on

- It is robust. In other words, its not a 1 trick pony type of scheme. It has so many different concepts and variations that if for some reason your opponent has your number on one particular concept, there are plenty of other things to throw at them.

- It is cohesive. Meaning, it's not just a bunch of money plays all thrown together. The plays pretty much all work off each other to confuse the opponent. Many plays have the same look but totally different ways of attacking the defense. It uses motion where appropriate to "bait" the opponent into thinking you are doing one thing while actually doing something totally different

- It is adaptable. I was able to mix in various other plays that I already used and just modify them slightly to fit in with this scheme. I was also able to use some of the unique techniques described to come up with other great plays from the same or different formations

- It is solid. For the most part it does not rely on AI issues but more on solid football concepts which means that no matter what patches EA comes out with it should still be effective

Is it going to be for everyone? Of course not! But guys I have only worked with half of the ebook and I already feel like it was money well spent.

Anyway, if anyone wants more detailed information on my opinion, reach out. To SGibs7 and Zfarls, great job men!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MaddenCurse

avatar

Posts : 12
Join date : 2009-08-26

PostSubject: Re: First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible   Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:05 pm

I'll probly be buying the ebook now. thanks for the review bak.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Flats Dolphins fan



Posts : 248
Join date : 2009-06-24

PostSubject: Re: First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible   Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:09 pm

bakagaijin wrote:
OK all, here is my God's honest assessment so far of the Detroit play book scheme put out by SGibs7 and Zfarls. First of all, I am old and too cranky and too cynical to ever say something I didn't believe so trust me, if I didn't think it was good, I would either say so or I would just not say anything at all.

I bought the ebook yesterday and practiced with it that evening and although I have only really worked on 2 of the 4 sets in the ebook, it is worth every freaking penny of the $25 I spent on it. Guys, it is very very good. Here is why I like it so far:

- it's original. I spend time on other madden sites occasionally and I have bought other ebooks and schemes for Madden 09 and 10 and this stuff is unlike anything else I have seen. One of the the formations featured is a Detroit PB exclusive so already its going to give people something to think about as soon as you come out in it because they just won't see it that often

- it's creative. I can't even imagine the time it took for these guys to figure out some of the stuff in there. When I saw the preview and saw that the Empty set was going to be featured I spent a ton of time looking at and practicing different variations on those plays to see if I thought they had potential. I have to be honest, I didn't see much there. I felt the under center spread structure would be too vulnerable to blitzes etc and I pretty much gave up on it. Once I saw the full playbook and gave Empty another chance, I was kicking *** with it. Now, I'm not a great player but I was spanking people last night. There were a couple of games where I literally never called a single play from any other formation. I could almost hear my opponent scratching their head trying to figure out what was going on

- It is robust. In other words, its not a 1 trick pony type of scheme. It has so many different concepts and variations that if for some reason your opponent has your number on one particular concept, there are plenty of other things to throw at them.

- It is cohesive. Meaning, it's not just a bunch of money plays all thrown together. The plays pretty much all work off each other to confuse the opponent. Many plays have the same look but totally different ways of attacking the defense. It uses motion where appropriate to "bait" the opponent into thinking you are doing one thing while actually doing something totally different

- It is adaptable. I was able to mix in various other plays that I already used and just modify them slightly to fit in with this scheme. I was also able to use some of the unique techniques described to come up with other great plays from the same or different formations

- It is solid. For the most part it does not rely on AI issues but more on solid football concepts which means that no matter what patches EA comes out with it should still be effective

Is it going to be for everyone? Of course not! But guys I have only worked with half of the ebook and I already feel like it was money well spent.

Anyway, if anyone wants more detailed information on my opinion, reach out. To SGibs7 and Zfarls, great job men!

Great Post I'm sure Chris will have something negative to say though
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SaSQuaTcH



Posts : 82
Join date : 2009-09-19
Age : 26
Location : Mechanicsburg , PA

PostSubject: Re: First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible   Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:26 pm

lol ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chris



Posts : 1037
Join date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible   Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:33 pm

actually no i like bakagain so muuchhhh imm not going to be negative because hes posting hisopinion and not telling people to buy it in every single thread Wink.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZFarls
Admin
avatar

Posts : 1689
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 31
Location : Boston, MA

PostSubject: Re: First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible   Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:16 pm

Thanks, we only put out and or charge for content that we feel is really premuim. When sgibs was showing me some of the ideas like the QB Stutter, I would literally giggle.
He tells me plays that he loves then I tell him they suck. We go back and forth for 30 mins trying every possible varation with me playing devils advocate and thats why these books are around 20 bucks. We explore and spend tons of time on it.

_________________
www.twitter.com/maddenbible[/b]
"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so"

www.maddenbible.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.maddenbible.com
bakagaijin

avatar

Posts : 449
Join date : 2009-06-22
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible   Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:37 am

ZFarls wrote:
Thanks, we only put out and or charge for content that we feel is really premuim. When sgibs was showing me some of the ideas like the QB Stutter, I would literally giggle.
He tells me plays that he loves then I tell him they suck. We go back and forth for 30 mins trying every possible varation with me playing devils advocate and thats why these books are around 20 bucks. We explore and spend tons of time on it.

Yeah, that QB stutter is my favorite. It's not something you can base your whole offense on but doing it once will give them something to think about the rest of the game. When the QB breaks away from the LOS with 20-30 yards of room to run I can almost hear my opponent sh|t his pants. :-)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PORTUGALTBIRD



Posts : 10
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 39
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible   Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:05 pm

Just buy the detriot playbook it is legit. They brakedown everyplay for you and it is eazy to learn.. I have opponents complaining all the time about the unstopppable offense...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chris



Posts : 1037
Join date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible   Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:38 pm

some people like creating there own offense portugal do not post buy it in every section its starting to irritate me -_-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PORTUGALTBIRD



Posts : 10
Join date : 2009-08-10
Age : 39
Location : CA

PostSubject: Re: First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible   Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:20 am

I am just saying if you need help running and throwimg the ball and coming up with an offensive. It provides a good base. They did all tthe hard work you can get some of the benifits. All the plays are legit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chris



Posts : 1037
Join date : 2009-07-06

PostSubject: Re: First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible   Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:48 pm

and ill im saying is that if som1 wants 2 buy the e-book they can but u dont have ot infleunce them on every post u have.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gretzky17



Posts : 62
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible   Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:31 am

i wish i could get it free, maybe thats what they will give it to live callers on the next TWIM? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Militant X 1

avatar

Posts : 1765
Join date : 2009-07-01
Location : Chesapeake, VA

PostSubject: Re: First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible   Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:14 am

chris wrote:
some people like creating there own offense portugal do not post buy it in every section its starting to irritate me -_-

lol! Chris..you mad? lol!

-Mili

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible   

Back to top Go down
 
First impression of the Detroit Scheme by Madden Bible
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Madden 2011
» Getting Started, GW Version of paint Scheme.
» Madden 11 - Wiggles' hosted league
» Time for a real madden fantasy draft league
» Madden 12's Prediction is Close

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Madden Bible :: Madden Bible News :: Testimonials-
Jump to: