Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Share | 

BuckNuts Houston O-scheme

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:32 pm

hey MB fam, i use houston O, and it can be ran in alot of different ways, i have tried all playbooks in the game, and Houston is the one i always return to, and win most ball games with! here is a break down of how i run it....i like alot of undercenter offense so i run it mostly undercenter with quick passes, but have been using gun tight doubles on and gun bunch as well with the under center formations... Zone and man beaters will be broken down, and man press beaters, and also man switches that leave some players naked....

Audibles (you don't need to have these Auds specifically, hit the lab and use what you want, these are mine for how i run the O)
Strong Close Quick Toss
Strong Close counter weak
Strong close Y-trail
I-Close P.A. Texans Deep
Ace Twins X-spot

Base Plays = Gun Tight Doubles ON play "Texans Fork" (so much can be done with this play, and the quick auds are good as well, i really like this as a base play)
1. I like the WR swap package, i like my fastest or Number 1 WR to my right (just a personal preference)

Zone set up, several ways to attack zone.....
1.Motion TE to left, after he sets slant him IN (slant to the right)
2.Streak LB
3.Drag X
4. Streak B
5. place HB on a fade route
Thoughts= this has 2 compressed set streaks in it, with a drag and slant in, the TE on the slant in is my first read, the drag is the checkdown, and you can hit either streak on a user catch, just pass lead to the inside and click on and user... cover 2 sink will blanket the TE, the TE has open windows in almost every other zone there is...hit the TE once or twice, or the drag, then watch them user guard those routes then start hitting the streaks....also the HB on a fade route will sit behind zone defense, always look to it as a check down, just be wary of QB spies, they can pick off this fade route sometimes

Man Set Up
1. Use same motion for TE, motion him over to the left and place him on Drag before he crosses the center
2. Streak LB
3. Slant In X
4. Slant In B

Thoughts= The TE on a drag gets separation and gets open due to a streak and slant in to his left, a natural rub or pick is set here, also if you have time both slant ins pick each other, read wich one is open more and hit them, can't user guard all 3...

another Zone Set UP Tight Doubles ON "texans fork"
1. Streak B
2. Streak X, motion him over to the right,let him set
3.Drag LB
4. Fade the HB (if your not blocking the HB in zone, Fade route him!)

Thoughts= The 2 deep streaks pull all zones deep, and the depth of the TE's route A, is very crucial here, it sits behind a cover 4 purple, and sits right in front of a deep blue CB from cover 3, due to the streaks... The Te's route needs user attention in zone, the drag or fade route are good check down routes, and the streak thats on the inside is a good user catch streak, its a slot streak in zone....

Man set up (loose or press coverage) Tight doubles on "texans fork"
If you wanna quick hike man press coverage, Motion B out a few steps, and hike throw to him as soon as he cuts back inside, smokes press and needs user attention

Loose Man cov.
1. slant in X and B
2.streak LB and A
3. Block HB or place him on a drag, and motion him to the right, for a hike throw, place him on drag after he passes center
* edit* forgot to add this to original post 4. the WR on the far right, i always motion in a step or out a step before i snap, this works well with the press beater play and if you slant him in and motion in a step and snap, he gets a boost off the line on his slant in....

thoughts= you can hit the HB drag on a motion throw, i rarely ever do i use the motion and route to attract user attention, the slant ins crossing the streaks cause picks and one or both slant ins get great seperation, if they blitz heavy, block HB and look for the 1 v 1 match-up on streaks....

Quick Aud Deep pass (wr cross a.k.a Falcon cross )
I dont run this play against Zone, have to many other legit zone beaters, but the drag route and crossing route over the middle are good, just make a read in zone

Man set Up (tight doubles on WR cross)
1. streak B
2. slant out A
3. Motion x out 3 steps to left

thoughts= the X WR will cut up field and beat the CB in man, look for a bullet throw to the inside, this will also beat press as well, i will throw to X a few times in man cov. and they will start user guarding it, then we look to the TE's route on the slant out, by streaking the B wr, and the HB running a wheel-streak route out of the backfield this actually switches up man coverage and causes the TE to get wide open and in some cases 5-7 yards open, i like to roll a few steps to the left with the QB, it puts you in good spot to hit X and the slant out A ....hit X a few times, they will user guard it then pop them with A...

Quick Aud P.A. Pass from texans fork

this play has 2 curls and 2 blue routes, i use this play in the red zone or when i need just a few yards verses man coverage if they are heavy blitzing
1. Keep both blue routes
2. cancel the PA
3. place other WRs on a slant out or slant in or even curls

My other Base Play ATM is
Gun Bunch "Mesh"

great vs zone, you are in a compressed set
1. streak the far left and far right WRs
2. Fade the HB
3. slant out the middle slot WR on the right

thoughts= both streaks are very effective against zone, especially the far right one, the flat route and slant out combo is good as well, if you are on a hash mark this slant out is a good RC route, the fade from HB is 4-6 yards as well...i use this if they are a heavy zone player, good quick snap play

I-close 'P.A. Texans Deep' (once you audible down from tight doubles On your #3 WR is at FB, this is important on some plays)

Man set Up "PA Texans Deep"
1. Slant in B, slant out A
2. Place X on a curl
3. Block HB cancel PA

thoughts = another nice man switch happens here with only a 3 route combo! Notice the FB's route out of the backfield, it causes the defenders to switch from it and the TE, leaving the TE naked! (i use the steelers and slow Heath miller has gotten huge gains here)

Zone set Up "PA Texans Deep"
1. streak A and streak X
2. Block HB to Cancel PA
3. Notice the B route WR (unique break on it)
4.Motion the FB out to the right, Hike before he sets, but make sure he clears the WR on right

thoughts= I run this play several different ways against zone, this way is very effective, the Y route the FB is on is a good quick hike throw against cover 3 or anything except cover 2.....the key here is to hit the Y route a few times until they user it or play cover 2, then the B route will get open against cover 2 and or cover 3, you also have the 2 streaks from a compressed set to user catch....

I-Close Quick Aud. deep pass "texans drag"

zone set up
1. streak B
2. Motion Y out to the left and snap before he sets,works best on right hash mark

thoughts= Y will be open on anything thats not cover 2, and its a snap quick throw, after hitting Y once or twice in the game, look to hit the TE on his deep corner against cover 2 or cover 3 (he is the A wr) also X is on a drag thats a good check down route, B is on a streak thats compressed, A is so open i always hit him, the safest read for big yards....

Quick Aud PA Pass " pa texans clear "
This is a sweet man press beater
1. cancel pa, block HB
2.slant in A
3. place X on curl
4. motion B out a few steps, snap before he sets and watch him cut back inside and throw a bullet pass (torches press)

Ace twins "X-spot" Audible

Zone set Up
1. Block A the HB or place him on a fade route
2. block Y (i usually block these two to let the play develop)
3. streak X

thoughts= this has a natural flood of the zone, with a streak, deep corner, and flat route on one side, The B route the deep corner on is unique because it sits down in front of deep blues, but beyond a purple zone, another route that need user attention, if they play cover 4 look to hit LB the flat route, its a quick hitter and runs up field after the catch, but the deep corner is open alot....

Man set up (this works in zone as well as long as its not cover 2)

1. motion X all the way across the screen notice his curl route
2. slant in Y
3. slant out B

thoughts= when motioning X across the field notice the CB lags behind a few yards, sometimes even 3-5 and once the WR clears the TE by 3-5 steps you can hike throw to X, outside bullet pass lead, catch and run upfield....they literally will have to click on the Cb or a safety to user stop this, thats when you hit a slant in on the other routes, or whatever you like to beat man with

I use the run audible down in this formation, and thats the only quick aud, motion X over like your going to throw to him but snap in the A-gap or snap when he is behind the TE, for the run

Use the Draw play and screen in this formation as well with the same motion... on the screen block your line to aggresive, roll to the opposite way of the screen then throw, i also block one of the TEs on screen also

Audible Strong Close (quick toss, counter should be obvious this is my run formation)
quick aud is HB dive weak, run it stock or playmaker it and motion WRs and snap in A-gap or past the center ....

Audible Strong Close Y-trail

zone set up (this is a tip on another site, i saw it originally on a random youtube channel)
1. streak X
2. streak y
3. Streak B
4. Motion the HB to either the Left or right on a drag....

thoughts= your just opening up passing lanes in zone in the middle of the field with this set up, if you motion the Hb to the Left on drag look to hit him or the streak on that side, or the streak from the FB out of the backfield, if you motion the HB to the right look to hit the FB out of backfield or the streak on the right, and u can always hit the HB on the drag... notice the FBs streak out of the backfield is unique he takes a quick out cut from his route creating separation

Man set up
i use this play 2 different ways in man

1. place the far left WR on a curl
2. place the far right WR on a slant in, motion him all the way across and let him set
3. block HB and FB (i use this for heavy blitzers)

thoughts,= the curl route and the TEs trail route are both good reads, i roll left with the QB and the user goes left looking at the curl and slant out then i hit the TE on the middle on the trail route

man set up
1. slant in the far right WR
2. slant out the TE
3, place the far left WR on curl, or slant out
4. drag the HB and motion him to the right, and snap before he sets

thoughts= another man switch here, the TE or slant in gets open, also can hit the HB on the drag

Some plays to use Mini-schemes with
Singleback ACE close play is "y-shallow cross) (shout out to MB member TY he showed me this play)
Man set up
1. both WRs to the left and right have in-cuts to them, if they play man press or even loose man coverage, motion 1 of the WRs out a few steps and see how open they get on there in-cuts, bullet pass to them
2. the TE on the right i slant in or place on a curl
3. the left TE is the quick pass in man or zone
thoughts= the motion out quick hike throw WRs on either side need user attn in man, thats when you hit the TE routes, this play torches man and your opponent needs to get out of man quick

quick aud deep pass is "bench switch" for zone

1. streak both TE's

thoughts= most defenses that see 2 TEs and 2 WRs on the field will be in cover 3, this four verticals attack on the zone is very effective, watch both outside WRs and throw to the one that gets open, also if they are in cover 4, look to hit the streak TEs

the quick aud down is a zone HB dive, very good against man or zone

This Y-shallow cross play is Audible worthy due to the quick auds!!! i just run it as a mini-scheme or if they are man pressing every rip!

another mini-scheme is tight doubles on undercenter
play slot corner

zone set up
1. streak X
2. block HB

thoughts= the deep corner gets open on zone and the TE is on a drag for check down, use the screen play and the HB draw play with this play as well, if its man press, go to quick aud , stick play and snap throw to slot WR, if they are in man, run curls, and slants, also use motion with the HB on slot corner if you dont block him, lab this motion

Rocket catch Play (i use steelers so RC'ing isnt a big play of my O, but mike wallace gets big on this play, and other big targets in the game, the route on this play makes RC'ing easier than normal)

singleback doubles play is "z-close corner"

1. block A and Y (need protection for route to develop)
2. Look to RC the B route or far right WR
3. streak slot wr, and far left wr slant in

thoughts= the B route is great on the right hash mark on on the middle of the field, just wait till he cuts outside and throw a pass lead down and away, if i get big with mike wallace on this route the other big WR's on the game are really easy to do it with, lab this its all timing, the route is great for RC'ing though.....

enjoy guys.... i didn't post alot on running, thats self-explanatory somewhat, but lab the running there is more than enough

Last edited by BuckNut4eva on Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheNdaminator

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:43 pm

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
UseRPicK101

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:13 pm

I'm Likin This Man. Labbing It Now. Great Work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ben8521

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:00 pm

any way u could post some videos? im to lazy to read all that haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:00 pm

ben8521 wrote:

i was thinking the same thing! lol!

Buck...vids are the new way to go now bruh! you got any? lol!

~Mili

"THE BLACK & PURPLE MAFIA"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9r-9kgSbiM&feature=related
"Ravens Ridaz Anthem"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGKlDExSJww&feature=watch_response

xbl gt: Militant X 1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Militant X 1 wrote:
ben8521 wrote:

i was thinking the same thing! lol!

Buck...vids are the new way to go now bruh! you got any? lol!

~Mili

guys i'm in between jobs right now, so no vids ATM

once i'm back on my feet maybe will do vids then....

just write the adjustments down and hit the practice field, this scheme took me at least a month to perfect, being good takes work...

a new play i lab'd today is singleback ace close PA CROSSES

for zone set up (anything but cover2)

1. streak both TEs
2. drag or fade route the HB
3. Motion the left WR out and snap right before he sets

thoughts= the motion hike throw to the far left WR is money in cover3, 5-7 yards a pop, the TEs are on streaks up the zone, and the far right WR crosses back thru the middle of the field, and has several windows he is open in

Man set up
1. Place the left TE on a curl, the right TE on a slant in
2. the WRs route on the right just motion out a few steps then hike
3. block HB or drag him, cancel the PA

thoughts= the motioned WR on the right beats press or man coverage with his in cut, second reads are the TEs hit the curl or the slant in.... just found and labbed this play today its legit
Back to top Go down
View user profile
king_jason2

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:29 pm

I run Hou O exclusively and it is by far the most beast book in the game. Your scheme has a lot of similarities to mine, just a quick tip im pretty sure your wasting a aud spot with I close pa texan deep(i could b wrong just going from my head) either way great break down. It is your pa aud from that set so I would switch it to the pass play with the auto motion fb wheel like rte u know the one lol

My base I close -hb zone
Auds
Strong close quick toss
Strong close counter
Ace close texan drags (the one with the te on the angled corner rte , play name may b wrong)
Gun tight dubs on texan fork
Ace twins pa texan wheel

I live in I close and will not come out of it until they prove that they can stop it which is a tough task with certain personel switches
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://j.crabb2@yahoo.com
BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:10 pm

king_jason2 wrote:
I run Hou O exclusively and it is by far the most beast book in the game. Your scheme has a lot of similarities to mine, just a quick tip im pretty sure your wasting a aud spot with I close pa texan deep(i could b wrong just going from my head) either way great break down. It is your pa aud from that set so I would switch it to the pass play with the auto motion fb wheel like rte u know the one lol

My base I close -hb zone
Auds
Strong close quick toss
Strong close counter
Ace close texan drags (the one with the te on the angled corner rte , play name may b wrong)
Gun tight dubs on texan fork
Ace twins pa texan wheel

I live in I close and will not come out of it until they prove that they can stop it which is a tough task with certain personel switches

i-close PA texans Deep, is different than the pa quick aud in i-close, thats PA texans clear.....

i-close pa texans deep isn't the un-bump that the pa texans clear is, but it can beat/man/zone, thats why its an audible for me....

king jason i was using houston book while you played GIBS in the GOTW, and i kinda knew this but this made me lab this book so much more, but the way you kept him from not blitzing you is what I LOVE ABOUT THIS BOOK! amongst many other things you can pick up that 46 blitz or any blitz and still move the chains... i love i-close as well and stay in it for whole drives at a time.....

singleback ace close i been rocking alot to, un-bumps everywere and zone beaters....and yes the the i-close weak flood still works the one play u mentioned, i sometimes make that an audible, but the auto-motion gives that play away i only run it once a game maybe

i use houston book even against ranked online top 200 players with there custom books....still win games..LOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
king_jason2

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:23 pm

Amen bro houston is just plain nasty! And exactlly what u said its will keep the blitz nuetralized by establishing the run from I close/strong close the selling point for me is the even ability to run/pass outta both of those formations.....its a pain in the *** on d
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://j.crabb2@yahoo.com
ronslows10

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:45 pm

This scheme sucks...lol Na seriously good post I have been witness to Bucknuts scheme several times and would much rather read about it than defend it. Highly recommended for those of you struggling on offense. I ran the houston book last year and the beginning of this year. It is a great balanced book if you don't fall in love with the great passing plays too often. Ace close is one of the greatest formations IMO and can only be found in Houston minus a few hidden plays here and there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
craziekilla

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:43 pm

good stuff, finally digested this in depth Offensive scheme...very nice work here as usual Buck! Much appreciated man...i am just curious as to who is your 1-A PB is and when can we get a peek at what it entails as well...i see alot of Houston being played and was lookn' for something a bit under the radar...thanks for all your hard work
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:04 pm

craziekilla wrote:
good stuff, finally digested this in depth Offensive scheme...very nice work here as usual Buck! Much appreciated man...i am just curious as to who is your 1-A PB is and when can we get a peek at what it entails as well...i see alot of Houston being played and was lookn' for something a bit under the radar...thanks for all your hard work

thanks man, i haven't even labbed another book as hardcore as i have with Houston's, so i really don't have a 1-A book at the moment, i know houston is popular but is very versatile in the ways it can be run, i haven't needed a 1-A book as of yet, i play some people on a daily basis and they know what play i may be running next but still win games against them, thats how good i think houston is....

i messed around with Minnesota playbook for awhile, singleback bunch is one of the best formations in the game i think if you can run it right, its certainly a headache to defend, minnesota has a roided out singleback bunch, and other good formations, ace twins, strong close, fullhouse, so on, cleveland and kc are both good as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Juggernaut216

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:16 am

This is a great scheme. I personally run Cleveland. But I might have to give this a try thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cbones1979

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:53 pm

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
black udder

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:01 am

check out SB tight doubles WR Corners.

Always motion the C route whether you throw it or not.

Vs Zone

Streak the slots, motion C route or streak the outside left WR and slant out the inside slot. Either way, bunch of options. Quick pass in the seam to either slot that is streaking or wait on the C route after his first break or last cut (depending on pressure). Late read is the deep out.

vs Man

You can hit the C route at his first cut. Streak the right slot or leave him on an out for a quick hit. Slant out the inside left slot or leave him on the out curl. Either way, should be open.

Once they start looking for all the streaks and outs, slant in and the middle should be side open.

I don't play the best guys in the game, so this can be run almost the entire game. Plus, you have sticks I think as the quick audible and draw for the run. If you come out in Texan curls, you have a great man beater route on the inside slot and then you can deep audible to WR Corners.

Because the routes are so spread out, you get a lot of options and fairly quick reads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BuckNut4eva

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:46 pm

black udder wrote:
check out SB tight doubles WR Corners.

Always motion the C route whether you throw it or not.

Vs Zone

Streak the slots, motion C route or streak the outside left WR and slant out the inside slot. Either way, bunch of options. Quick pass in the seam to either slot that is streaking or wait on the C route after his first break or last cut (depending on pressure). Late read is the deep out.

vs Man

You can hit the C route at his first cut. Streak the right slot or leave him on an out for a quick hit. Slant out the inside left slot or leave him on the out curl. Either way, should be open.

Once they start looking for all the streaks and outs, slant in and the middle should be side open.

I don't play the best guys in the game, so this can be run almost the entire game. Plus, you have sticks I think as the quick audible and draw for the run. If you come out in Texan curls, you have a great man beater route on the inside slot and then you can deep audible to WR Corners.

Because the routes are so spread out, you get a lot of options and fairly quick reads.

Yes if you have time C routes are very good!! VS man, cover 2, or cover 3, and sometimes you can sneak them in over cover 4, with a pass lead up

Another route that gets you similar separation and a nice jump animation and beats cover 4 even alittle easier is just a a Hot routed out route to the sideline, very similar to the C route.....

In houston the PA audible from gun bunch has a C route as well, and i like the shotgun doubles C route better than ther tight doubles, under center is alittle more easier to blitz and get good pressure from than shotgun, the under center C routes take time to develop if the blitz is on, but great concept none the less, and yes some drives i have user caught C routes all the way down the field lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BuckNuts Houston O-scheme   

Back to top Go down

BuckNuts Houston O-scheme
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1