Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Share | 

Tampa 2 headache

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
YngClassic

PostSubject: Tampa 2 headache   Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:19 am

for 3 weeks ive been trying to perfect this tony dungy defense and implement this in madden 12, its hard, ive spent late nights doing research on tampa 2. for an example: you need physcially tough corners, hard hitting safties, athletic dline that can bring 4 man pressure without the aid of a blitzing DB/Safety/LB. and a MLB with above average speed to cover the deep ball and react to short passes and running plays.this is difficult. i think the redskins and the bears fit this scheme well. it would be washington but hall and buchanon are fast but not physcial enought to help with the run.then i ran into chicago, but im having a difficult time generating 4 man pressure. the bucs had warren sapp, john lynch, brooks, ronde, and simeon rice. that defense was flawless, now i know no defense is perfect in madden, i really want to get this defense down pack.then ive been using the 4-3 playbook, going back and forth with 4-3 under cover 2 buc, 4-3 stack cover 2 sink, and 46 cover 2. its mind boggling.then all positions in the tampa 2 puts a premium on speed, not every team has speed, so i substituted the lbs for safeties because safeties can tackle well and they possess more speed than LBs.i mean im trying to force fumbles, get picks, strips the whole nine.ive tried it with the raiders but the front 4 gives me issues and the mlb cant be mcclain, so i used curry.3 weeks im completely stomped. i need help from the experts here, anybody can help me make this defense great please let me know, keep in mind, i want to stick to the principles of the tampa 2 and not hot route a thousand times.im trying to create an explosive bend dont break scheme.thanx.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grimmagician87

PostSubject: Re: Tampa 2 headache   Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:32 am

from my experience the DE's and DT's in madden will not generate enough pressure to play a cover 2 all game. In real life on any given play an end or a tackle could push the pocket and disrupt the pass .but in madden the de's play like they did in real life at the probowl a few weeks ago. no pressure. just my opinion but if you want this to work you need to find a 4 man blitz from both sides ( something like mvp has been putting out)... also be wary of getting beat deep.. maybe user the mlb to take away the deep middle ..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bahdbwoy

PostSubject: Re: Tampa 2 headache   Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:00 am

Its tuff bc zone with 4 rushers (no unique blitz setups) is just too weak bc the offense has time to stretch the zones out...

43under is best fit as a 1 high safety look so wouldnt use that set
Back to top Go down
View user profile
datnodude

PostSubject: Re: Tampa 2 headache   Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:37 pm

4 man rush in madden wont happen even...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
XxSHOWTIMExX

PostSubject: Re: Tampa 2 headache   Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:18 pm

Your best bet for generating a 4 man rush would be using teams like the colts or the giants and even then the pass rush wong b consistent. My suggestions would be to create C gap pressure by rushing 3 or running the dime shift D while keeping your safeties high. This will allow you to generate pressure up front without really affecting the integrity of the coverage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZAN

PostSubject: Re: Tampa 2 headache   Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 pm

Hey YngClassic,

I actually wrote an article on the "Hybrid Tampa 2" in my Forward Progress blog that I have over at C4. I posted the good part below, but there is a LOT MORE information in that article...going into detail as to WHY the Cover 2/Tampa 2 aren't dominant defenses in Madden, despite being about 60% of the calls in the NFL.

You can read the entire "Zone Concepts" article @: http://compete4ever.com/2011/10/22/forward-progress-2-zone-concepts/
but the bit you are looking for (probably) is below...

Quote :

So I present to you the band-aid solution …

The Hybrid Tampa 2
-Choose ANY Cover 2 based defense.
-Go into individual assignments, and choose to bump the OUTSIDE WRs; this will place the outside corners (responsible for flat coverage) in man bump and run coverage.
-Go into individual coverage assignments and shade OUTSIDE WRs to the OUTSIDE; this will cause the bump to release the WR to the inside on both WRs.
-Spread your safety shell to the sidelines; to do this, press Y + Up on R-stick (Triangle + Up on R-stick for PS3 users).
- Place MLB, or player responsible for the middle yellow zone in your Cover 2 in a deep zone.

What does this do? Well, it keeps the outside WRs from getting into the cover 2 window. It does give up flat coverage, but no one defense stops everything. Also, you have the 2 deep safety look, and they will patrol the deep sidelines more than the deep seams, taking away corner patterns that the buzz zones are incapable of covering. And you’ll also have a MLB patrolling the seams to take away slot WR or TE vertical threats that are usually seen against generic cover 2 defenses. I also like this because the underneath coverage is a little tighter, in my opinion; you really force the offense to take the short outside patterns. Curls are taken away due to the man coverage on the outside with a hook zone just inside of it (another popular route utilized by advanced players). The opposition is really forced to take the short outside stuff (via flat patterns by slot WRs or swing patterns to a HB or FB). The only real threat you need to be aware of is someone who likes to run both slot WRs up the seams, as your MLB is going to be the main person responsible for the seams. It’s a flexible defense at the very least, and takes away both common bailouts that competitive players use: the outside WR ”Face Throw” streak, and the outside WR curl.

EA is getting closer with the zone theory, but until the buzz zones are fixed it’s going to be very hard to replicate what we see on Sundays. The lack of a 4 man pass rush and actual buzz zones are what is keeping Madden NFL 12 from really being “True to the Game”.

Thanks guys, until next time …

C4 Madden 11 Defensive Player of the Year
Madden Bible's (Madden 12) TWIMMY post-humous Co-Defensive Player of the Year w/Jerms
Back to top Go down
View user profile
YngClassic

PostSubject: Re: Tampa 2 headache   Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:40 pm

wow zan, thanx that was very informative, i can now put my mind at ease knowing this inforamtion, IMO madden 12 sucks this year because theres no defense.madden 12 seems like a thrown together project w/o defense.I really can care less about offense, some games i actually punt the ball on 1st down just to get back on defense.wether its ranked or unranked.but last year i ran the tampa 2 out of indy's 4-3 normal and the pressure got there for me.maybe madden 13 will improve these flaws, i feel if they do then its gonna weed all all the ''streak and slant abusers, the ''lucky hail mary-ball bounces of my players head and fall into the opponents hands for a 40-50 yard gain'' type of players.thank you all for the input, datnodude, showtime, bahdwboy, grimm, and zan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZFarls
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tampa 2 headache   Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:14 pm

Yeah, a true 4 down pass rush doesn't arrive (stopwatch nfl vs madden) so your more exposed to the deep throws. You gotta make some adjustments to get heat, but it hurts the Tampa 2

Bench 4 Verts is more deadly in Madden than real life.

"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so"

www.maddenbible.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.maddenbible.com
xHHx_megatron

PostSubject: Re: Tampa 2 headache   Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:33 am

Tried using the giants?? No one else has an elite set of passrushers

Cover 2 is nice to sneak in.. But its not doable to make an entire defense out of an be successful..maybe in the future

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cmurph831

PostSubject: Re: Tampa 2 headache   Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:36 pm

I used the Bears for most of this year and I can consistently get pressure with just 4 down lineman. I use them as a 46 speed package and i sub idonije in at #1 DT with Peae at #2 DT. I keep Peppers at RE and sub Briggs into my LE spot. I have found success with this because both Briggs and Peppers have the ability to swim move any tackle they face. I start out with Peppers and as soon as he comes in contact with the tackle i use the right stick and push it to the left. The only tackles I cannot do this to are Jake Long and Joe Thomas. If they start putting an extra guy there to help block (motioning a WR, blocking a HB to the left, etc) I will then go to Briggs not he right side and do the same. I don't know if this is glitchy or just taking advantage of a stud DE but it's incredibly affective. Also, put DJ Moore in the nickel. He has ridiculous jumping ability and tremendous catching ability. Hope this helps you.

P.S. If you want to use Briggs as a linebacker, Idonije is also very adequate when it comes to block shedding. He can be used like Briggs. When I swim move with Briggs and Idonije I will push the right stick right when I come into contact with the Tackle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
grimmagician87

PostSubject: Re: Tampa 2 headache   Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:23 pm

Cmurph831 wrote:
I used the Bears for most of this year and I can consistently get pressure with just 4 down lineman. I use them as a 46 speed package and i sub idonije in at #1 DT with Peae at #2 DT. I keep Peppers at RE and sub Briggs into my LE spot. I have found success with this because both Briggs and Peppers have the ability to swim move any tackle they face. I start out with Peppers and as soon as he comes in contact with the tackle i use the right stick and push it to the left. The only tackles I cannot do this to are Jake Long and Joe Thomas. If they start putting an extra guy there to help block (motioning a WR, blocking a HB to the left, etc) I will then go to Briggs not he right side and do the same. I don't know if this is glitchy or just taking advantage of a stud DE but it's incredibly affective. Also, put DJ Moore in the nickel. He has ridiculous jumping ability and tremendous catching ability. Hope this helps you.

P.S. If you want to use Briggs as a linebacker, Idonije is also very adequate when it comes to block shedding. He can be used like Briggs. When I swim move with Briggs and Idonije I will push the right stick right when I come into contact with the Tackle.

I've faced people who can get pressure with 4 by usering one of the lineman but then you cant help in the secondary. In order to make adjustments and take away reads you need to be usering someone in the secondary. I will try this in team play though when someone else is controlling the D. So you push the right stick to the left for the RE but do you push it right for the LE. Ive never really userd D lineman. If you rush 4 normally the qb has about 6 seconds on average to throw the ball. Real life is more like 3-4 seconds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cmurph831

PostSubject: Re: Tampa 2 headache   Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:29 pm

@grimmagician87 yea i push the right stick left for the RE and the right stick right for the LE as soon as they make contact with the Tackle. I agree with what you're saying as far as taking away reads. I usually play a cover 3 in 46 and change the flat routes to purples. if i can get quick pressure they usually throw picks. you learn real quick if the guy can pick apart your defense then you have to switch it up obviously. its been working for me so i thought i'd share
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blood9585

PostSubject: Re: Tampa 2 headache   Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:31 pm

You can thank me now or later....COVERAGE HELP

I'll give you the "Blood9585 Pass D schemes".... (Which has worked wonders for me in my cover 1/2/3/4+ schemes

-Try to always manually move your Safeties 1 step (in any direction) to confuse the offense. This avoids the auto CPU animations giving away you coverage if you do this every down. Once you get the hang of it you'll know which plays you don't need to do it. You can even put a manual deep zone on a Safety initially called to do a safety blitz and he will do the "fake blitz" that everyone has been dying to know how to do...(still experimenting with linebackers on this)

-Try to stick with blitz schemes that don't require manual movement or a lot of time. This saves with setup time and harder for the offense to read quickly.

-Always have "Over the top help on deep threats". If you're sticking with cover 2's you might need to user to switch to help on the TE's down field some times. Give up check downs over deep passes ALWAYS.

-Put best Athletic linebacker either right in front of QB's throwing hand (Zone coverage) or matched up with tight end if he's a deep threat. Using the manual user bump man throw timing route off as well. (use it)

- When trying to do 3/4 man pass rushes & stunts having one line backer closer to the line of scrimmage even if he's in a zone can help throw off a lineman and help the pass rush. Same goes with Safeties being a little closer to the line. (mix it up)

-Utilize gap control concepts in the passing game...this might be confusing, but when you understand it you can master it. Gap control is important in run defense to control where the running back has opportunities to run. (You can do the same thing for receiver routes) Imagine Manning up Megatron with your tallest defensive back/ Safety help up top (with your tallest Safety) and a nickel back on the inside of him in a hook zone (yellow zone). There's not a lot of options for Megatron if you can manage decent pressure on the QB, plus they Safety up top and nickel back in hook zone could help defend against other receiver who come in their area...

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://WiseMaddenConcepts.Blogspot.com
blood9585

PostSubject: Re: Tampa 2 headache   Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:44 pm

With the blitz what works for me is usually mixing it up and either using a safety of linebacker who isn't in a/on (must cover area/must cover match-up)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://WiseMaddenConcepts.Blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tampa 2 headache   

Back to top Go down

Tampa 2 headache
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1