Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Share | 

Can anyone figure out a counter to this?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaptainJoe89

PostSubject: Can anyone figure out a counter to this?   Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:00 am

Okay, I am trying to run the ball against a certain defense.
The defense is 4-3 Stack - OLB Fire
This is what the defense does:
Spread your line
Crash the line Out (Edge Rush)
and Spread the LB

This heat off the edge is instant and any running play you call just gets eaten up.

I run Houston's PB and I am trying to figure out how to be successful with my runs against this defensive play.
I was thinking of some type of Heavy Set formation and then motion my TE to the side to block the LB on the edge but is there a package in Houston PB for this? Thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irobson

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone figure out a counter to this?   Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:27 pm

your best bet would to run something with an iso since he is spreading the line and and spreading the lb's i would recommend something like iform close iso and motion the outside wr to either a gap or b gap and follow the blocks ... hopefully have a quick guard / center to pick up the lb and u should be gone
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CaptainJoe89

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone figure out a counter to this?   Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:33 pm

irobson wrote:
your best bet would to run something with an iso since he is spreading the line and and spreading the lb's i would recommend something like iform close iso and motion the outside wr to either a gap or b gap and follow the blocks ... hopefully have a quick guard / center to pick up the lb and u should be gone

Well if you look at this play, there's a Middle LB still there that is usually assigned to the HB.
So you have the whole Dline coming through as well as the 2 LB's on the edge.
If the LB's get picked up, the DE came straight through.
Would I be able to sub in 3 TE's/FB (2 TE's in the WR spot) plus the one that is already there to help block them?
The whole problem is, I think the WR are too small to block the defenders coming in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irobson

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone figure out a counter to this?   Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:41 pm

its very similar to people running a 5-2 u gotta run iso's and cut back on the manned up lb to get a big gain or put someone in the gap to get your 3-4 yards a carry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
prophet

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone figure out a counter to this?   Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Vs Carolina defense, I get gutted up the middle bad using OLB Fire, whats a good D for Carolina vs the run
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can anyone figure out a counter to this?   

Back to top Go down

Can anyone figure out a counter to this?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1