Madden Bible

Home of the Prima Games Madden 12 & NCAA 12 EA Sports Official Game Guide

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FREE Tips!  C4 Online Madden League  My Madden Pad  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Register here today and instantly receive a FREE Madden Bible tip in your inbox!

Share | 

Killin online now .... please read.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shopmaster

PostSubject: Killin online now .... please read.   Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:49 pm

Hello Madden Biblers, I just wanted to give major props to Sgibs and Zfarls for the stuff they do for the Madden Community.

I just recently decided to step up my game and get serious about it again and really hit the lab and study my craft. I turned to two guys that I've been really impressed by this year in the way they study every aspect of the game. It's what I would be doing if I had the time. So I let Zfarls and Sgibs do my studying for me and just labbed some of the techniques they have found to be so successful.

I got both their Detroit Playbook guide and their NYJ defensive guide. I was already using the jets defense and it was perfect.

before I started using their guides, techniques, tips, and suggestions I was 51-30 level 8 or 9. I was part of a league so I didn't play a lot of ranked games but I wanted to start to show everyone how effective the tips and the scheme I run were.

I've always felt that having multiple schemes are essential to success.

SCHEME + SKILLS + STICK = SUCCESS

The first scheme I come out in is the Strong I Twin TE and I run about 5 different plays out of this formation. The key is to make every play look the same. Sgibs and Zfarls talk about this all the time and it keeps your opponent off balanced.

I usually run this scheme for 1 drive. My second drive I use the singleback bunch set and a scheme I came up with. I love this set because the run plays (toss crack and HB Sprint) are very good and after you hit them a couple of times for big pass plays, they don't know how to defend. Once again making all the plays look alike are keys.

I also run a GUN BUNCH TE set along with a EMPTY TRE FLEX scheme I like to use under two minutes to put drives together. I forgot what show it was that SGIBS and ZFARLS showed how to run the EMPTY set, but that's when I realized I had that in my playbook.

On defense I i love the 3-4 Sting Pinch and I have a lot of 1-5-5 defenses that I like to mix in to keep my opponent off balanced. My favorite base defense is the 3-4 2 Deep MLB Spy. I can usually shut down people by mixing it up.

So bottom line is I am now: 104-33 lvl 22. So since I've been using the tips from Zfarls and Sgibs I am 53-3 and have gone up 13 levels

I have gained almost 2 TD more on offense and take away 2 turnovers more on defense.

Thanks Sgibs and Zfarls, I look forward to looking for more people on the forum to get tips from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mp

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:06 am

Shopmaster wrote:
Hello Madden Biblers, I just wanted to give major props to Sgibs and Zfarls for the stuff they do for the Madden Community.

I just recently decided to step up my game and get serious about it again and really hit the lab and study my craft. I turned to two guys that I've been really impressed by this year in the way they study every aspect of the game. It's what I would be doing if I had the time. So I let Zfarls and Sgibs do my studying for me and just labbed some of the techniques they have found to be so successful.

I got both their Detroit Playbook guide and their NYJ defensive guide. I was already using the jets defense and it was perfect.

before I started using their guides, techniques, tips, and suggestions I was 51-30 level 8 or 9. I was part of a league so I didn't play a lot of ranked games but I wanted to start to show everyone how effective the tips and the scheme I run were.

I've always felt that having multiple schemes are essential to success.

SCHEME + SKILLS + STICK = SUCCESS

The first scheme I come out in is the Strong I Twin TE and I run about 5 different plays out of this formation. The key is to make every play look the same. Sgibs and Zfarls talk about this all the time and it keeps your opponent off balanced.

I usually run this scheme for 1 drive. My second drive I use the singleback bunch set and a scheme I came up with. I love this set because the run plays (toss crack and HB Sprint) are very good and after you hit them a couple of times for big pass plays, they don't know how to defend. Once again making all the plays look alike are keys.

I also run a GUN BUNCH TE set along with a EMPTY TRE FLEX scheme I like to use under two minutes to put drives together. I forgot what show it was that SGIBS and ZFARLS showed how to run the EMPTY set, but that's when I realized I had that in my playbook.

On defense I i love the 3-4 Sting Pinch and I have a lot of 1-5-5 defenses that I like to mix in to keep my opponent off balanced. My favorite base defense is the 3-4 2 Deep MLB Spy. I can usually shut down people by mixing it up.

So bottom line is I am now: 104-33 lvl 22. So since I've been using the tips from Zfarls and Sgibs I am 53-3 and have gone up 13 levels

I have gained almost 2 TD more on offense and take away 2 turnovers more on defense.

Thanks Sgibs and Zfarls, I look forward to looking for more people on the forum to get tips from.

wow that's crazy. I need to get in the lab with you and some others bc I'm not having the same success. But reading your post mamke me realize I need quality lab time to get this thing right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgibs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:56 am

MP how can we help ur gm?

Patriots
TOM TERRIFIC

--
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.maddenbible.com
mp

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:16 am

sgibs7 wrote:
MP how can we help ur gm?

As I said on the show tonight, I think my lab time isn't as effective. Also things in lab mode and practicing vs the CPU in gamemode is different as well.

I think I need to get faster at reads and also, a point you brought up, recognize what opps do and be able to take them away. in out rep game I had a play that normally gets 7-12 yards to start the game. Build a little confidence for myself. BAM shut down for a loss of 7. So I was hesitant to make any other play calls at that point. Plus I had no gameplan vs blitz.

Overall i get the things when I see them in text or video and in practice mode, but during my league games my execution is lacking.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgibs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:22 am

MP,

You gotta fail once and then fail 20 more times before you get your reads down. Don't look to play a ranked gm unless you know the result of each situation. That means play as many lab gms trying as many things as you can. Also a lot is reliant on your OWN ability to read your opponents. You get better at that bye just playing anyone and everyone.

Patriots
TOM TERRIFIC

--
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:40 am

sgibs7 wrote:
MP,

You gotta fail once and then fail 20 more times before you get your reads down. Don't look to play a ranked gm unless you know the result of each situation. That means play as many lab gms trying as many things as you can. Also a lot is reliant on your OWN ability to read your opponents. You get better at that bye just playing anyone and everyone.

excellent insight as always Gibs. although i am a lvl 18.....i fail quite a bit. i lab some but not as much as i should. some games....i am running and passing all over my opponents and defensively....i am ripping cats to shreds! but then...there are other games....when i just get flat out exposed on both sides of the ball! Sad

either way i still enjoy the game and try my best to make adjustments and improve my game play.

-Mili

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:42 am

sgibs7 wrote:
MP,

right now I'm only playing league games ( 3-4 per week) and lab offline. I def need more reps for sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgibs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:15 pm

MP,

We won't stop until your gm is where you want it

Plus the release of my entire D and O scheme I used in orlando will be out soon!

Patriots
TOM TERRIFIC

--
Back to top Go down
Militant X 1

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:09 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
MP,

this statement right here.......is what makes Madden Bible an exciting place to be!

-Mili

Last edited by Militant X 1 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sgibs
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:20 pm

Thanks mili!

We only got one shot in this world. I plan on doing what I love and enjoy. Madden and helping people. As long as people are willing to learn farls and I will be right here every step of the way.

Patriots
TOM TERRIFIC

--
Back to top Go down
mp

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:11 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
MP,

Plus the release of my entire D and O scheme I used in orlando will be out soon!

right now I want to finish at .500 in 2 of my leagues.

In the 3rd I'd like to make a run at the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BURRITO BANDIDO

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:55 pm

sgibs7 wrote:
MP,

This is a very reassuring statement to read. I want to be a high level player also!! Also any of you guys in this thread my gt is my username so we should compete against each other.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mp

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:47 am

mp wrote:
sgibs7 wrote:
MP,

good news is I did turn my season's around and got to .500 in 2 of my leagues. In the 3rd I'm currently 6-4, but have a rough stretch of games. I can look at all 3 leagues and pick out 5 or 6 plays that were the difference between winning and losing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mp

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:11 am

mp wrote:
mp wrote:
sgibs7 wrote:
MP,

good news is I did turn my season's around and got to .500 in 2 of my leagues. In the 3rd I'm currently 6-4, but have a rough stretch of games. I can look at all 3 leagues and pick out 5 or 6 plays that were the difference between winning and losing.

Update - in one league sadly at 8-8 I was the division winner.
Wildcard vs 12-4 team - I win 35-28 on a last second td using PA boot over from Gun Bunch TE
Divisional vs #1 seed 13-3 - I win 13-7, got no sacks but the goalline D created havok all game long

My game still isn't where I want it to be, scoring inside the 10yd line and run game are both suspect on O. Run D is still horid on D, but I'm getting better. Thanks for the weekly strat, the shows, and the butt whuppins.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ZFarls
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:49 am

Full house inside the 10 yard line is clutch for me

"A customer is the most important visitor on our premises, he is not dependent on us. We are dependent on him. He is not an interruption in our work. He is the purpose of it. He is not an outsider in our business. He is part of it. We are not doing him a favor by serving him. He is doing us a favor by giving us an opportunity to do so"

www.maddenbible.com
Back to top Go down
mp

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:29 pm

ZFarls wrote:

yeah i just can't give up that DET step. I just feel really comfortable with that book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
D_Cash

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:54 pm

ZFarls wrote:

Agreed ZFarls, after watching your games and sgibs' games on TWIM, I've used the Full House inside the Red Zone everytime. The Toss, FB Dive, and the quick pass to the TE is just pure money thanks for everything it has really stepped up my game to the next level ! I'm beating level 20+ like 35-0 because of you guys !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mp

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:15 pm

Update
won NFC chip 45-28 forced 5 ints
superbowl - lost 24-14

threw a pick 6 driving in tie game. Used gun snugs WR corners (a play I never use) and Demarcus Ware took it 92 yards. Also got stuffed 4th and goal at the 1.

Overall I need to get better on the sticks and faster with set ups and recognition. Gibs when are you gonna get back on the ps3? I need further whuppins to expand my offense
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killin online now .... please read.   

Back to top Go down

Killin online now .... please read.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1